Lunenburg Recycling Information
Pay-As-You-Throw Program for all Residents with Municipal Trash Collection
Please see the Updated Flyer for more information on the program.
- Should be placed at the curb no later than 7AM on the morning of collection.
- You must use the yellow 33 gallon (large) or 13 gallon (small) town trash bags.
- Do not fill large as more than 30 lbs.
- Bags can be purchased at the following locations:
o Hannaford Supermarket-333 Mass Ave
o Centre Pizza- 1353 Mass Ave
o Hadwen Park Market-3 Main Street
o MAKI- 160 Mass Ave
o Aubuchon- 65 Mass Ave
o Honey Farms- 134 Leominster-Shirley Rd
- Small Bags 10/pkg for $12.50
- Large Bags 5/pkg for $12.75
- Non-conforming bags will be left at the curbside and will be the responsibility of the resident.
- Is free-of-charge should be placed at the curb no later than 7AM on the morning of collection.
- Can be co-mingled and can be placed in any bin.
- We no longer use the yellow bins, or sell the stickers for bins.
When the holiday falls on a normal collection day the collection will be delayed one day, i.e. Friday’s collections will be on Saturday. These holidays are:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
Additional Curbside Recycling
Additional Curbside Recycling Call Casella at 1-888-532-2735 to schedule an appointment for pickup. Note: additional fee will apply.
- White Goods - household appliances
- Building materials
- TVs, computers, other electronics
- Large metal items
- Tires (remove rims)
- Landfill – Youngs Road
- Leaves, grass, other easily raked materials
- Collection days – Saturdays, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Spring and Fall – Dates to be posted
- NO Plastic bags
- NO stumps
Can be disposed of at Devens Regional Household Hazardous Productions Collections Center. Visit www.DevensHHW.com for more information.
- Latex paint is not “hazardous waste”, simply let dry out in container and dispose of in trash.
If you experience problems with the collection of solid waste or recycling, please call Casella at 1-888-532-2735. For general information on Lunenburg's program please call the DPW at 978-582-4160.