Nutrition & Meals On Wheels
- Cafe' 25 - Serving Lunch on Tuesdays at 12:00pm and Thursdays at 11:30am - $5
- "Come Hungry Leave Happy"
- Tuesday and Thursday lunches are prepared by kitchen staff. Reservations are required by calling 978-582-4166 at least 24 hours in advance.
- Mrs. Bellows Breakfast Bar- Wednesdays, 9 am to 10 am - $3
- Continental Breakfast is served every Wednesday (except for the 2nd Wednesday of the month)
- Fresh Fruit, Yogurt, Granola, Pastry, and Various Hot Breakfast Items. No reservations are required.
- Lunenburg Lions Club Pancake Breakfast - 2nd Wednesday of the month - 8 am to 10 am - $3
The Lunenburg Adult Activity Center also serves as a congregate meal site operated by certified Council on Aging staff. The center is also the site from which meals are distributed by volunteers to elders in their homes (Meals on Wheels). in conjunction with the Montachusett Opportunity Council (MOC) Elder Services Division. The meal programs are supported in part by state and federal funds.
MOC Elder Services contracts with a catering firm, with the food for the Meals on Wheels program which is delivered to the center four days a week. A Meal Site Manager, Assistant Meal Site Manager and two Meal Site Assistants are employed by the Town. Volunteer opportunities are also available for the Meal Site. The Meal Dite at the center is a gathering place for folks to socialize and enjoy a nutritious meal.
Any person over the age of 50 is eligible to participate in the congregate program and over 60 in the Meals on Wheels program. To obtain a meal at the site, reservations must be made in advance, before 3 pm on Friday the week before. Menus are posted at the senior center, and copies are available to participants. Call 978-582-4166 for reservations.
Home-delivered meals (Meals on Wheels) are provided with prior approval by MOC Nutrition. Meals include a noontime hot meal, and/or frozen meals are available for weekends.
Volunteers who deliver these meals receive a mileage stipend paid by the Council on Aging.
If you would like to make arrangements for Meals on Wheels call MOC Nutrition at 978-343-6259.
The cost for home-delivered meals is considered a donation, with the suggested voluntary contribution of $3 per meal. Home-delivered clients are billed by MOC on a monthly basis.